Last month’s Bill Farrell Memorial Invitational marked the unofficial start of the qualification process for the 2020 Olympic Trials. This Friday-Sunday from Fort Worth, Texas, we’ll take the next step and hand out more automatic qualification berths for the Trials. Wrestlers from all three styles will participate in US Senior Nationals and fight for a spot in the top five. That placement is critical since the top five wrestlers at each weight class will qualify for the Olympic Trials. With only one more qualifying event remaining after this tournament, expect competition to be even more intense than usual. No one wants to rely on winning the Last Chance Qualifier in late-March, only a week before the Trials themselves. This is the final of three previews of the action that will take place in Fort Worth. We’re closing with the men’s freestyle competition, which begins on Saturday. Enjoy TOM’s preview and predictions for all six Olympic weights.
1) Spencer Lee (Titan Mercury)
2) Nathan Tomasello (Titan Mercury)
3) Zane Richards (Titan Mercury)
4) Nahshon Garrett (Titan Mercury)
5) Darian Cruz (NYAC)
6) Vito Arujau (Titan Mercury)
7) Josh Rodriguez (Nittany Lion WC)
8) Zach Sanders (Minnesota Storm)
9) Sean Russell (Minnesota Storm)
10) Frank Perrelli (Titan Mercury)
11) Cory Clark (Titan Mercury)
12) Alan Waters (Titan Mercury)
Want to read more of this article and others like it? Become an TOM Prime Member for as low as $2.22/month!
Members Login Below.
*All subscriptions are billed on 1-year, 2-year, or 3-year basis.